The Great Prank War is our epic new Regular Show game that’s in the works. In the meantime, we asked if there was anything you’d like to know about the upcoming game, and you sent us lots of great questions. We picked some of the best questions and asked the game’s developers for answers. Here’s what they had to say:
- Will it be available on console and if so which one?
- We aren’t planning a console release at this time. The game has been developed as both a web and mobile product.
- When is it coming out?
- We are releasing the web version very soon, so be on the lookout. Our mobile release will be early 2014.
- Is it like the Johnny Test game ‘Attack of the Johnnies?’
- We are planning an enhanced version of the game for mobile release.
- Does this game have badges or top scores?
- The game will support both badges and top scores.
- Is this an MMOG?
- No, this will be a single player game that provides a unique spin on the classic Tower Defense style game play.
- Are Mordecai and Rigby the only playable characters?
- Our web release will feature only Mordecai and Rigby as playable characters. But in the mobile version of the game, additional features as well as playable characters will be added.
- What inspired the idea for this game?
- A few things were taken into account as we started to work on this game. The first thing focused on creating something which provided a sense of strategy and combat, strong elements in many Tower Defense games we loved to play. Another element was looking at ways of blending features seen in recent Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas (MOBA) style games around tower and area capture. The last was developing a new and unique art style for the overall game vs. recreating the look for the show. We wanted to stay true to the tone and feel of Regular Show but try something new and different for our players and fans to enjoy.
- Will this game offer upgrades?
- The game will offer points of active choice, where players need to decide as to what action they will perform. This will be similar to features in many games where a player may need to select various upgrades.
And there you have it. Keep coming back here for more information about The Great Prank War as we get closer to its official launch.
What are you looking forward to in The Great Prank War.