CARTOON NETWORK ATLANTIS SWEEPSTAKES
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Cartoon Network Atlantis Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of (and who are physically present in) the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are six (6) years of age to eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. The following are ineligible: employees and their spouses, immediate families (parent, child, sibling and any of their respective spouses) and household members of any of the foregoing (whether or not related) of Atlantis, Island Hotel Company Limited, The Cartoon Network, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Hasbro, Inc. (“Prize Provider”), Arch Marketing Solutions (“Administrator”), Time Warner Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, cable affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, including Sponsor, Prize Provider, and Administrator,” (the "Sweepstakes Entities") and any person who has won a prize in any sweepstakes conducted by Sponsor in the past six (6) months.
The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules. Void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Sweepstakes, participants must log on to www.cartoonnetwork.com/win during the Entry Period (defined below) and follow the directions to enter by providing and submitting participant’s email address. Participants must get parental permission before participation. Participants may enter the Sweepstakes beginning at 10:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 21, 2016 until 11:59:59 P.M. ET on April 17, 2016 (“Entry Period”). No other methods of entry will be accepted.
To be eligible, entries must be submitted and received during the Entry Period. Sponsor’s computer is the official time clock. Entries must be submitted in the name of an eligible living person. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. Proof of submitting an entry does not constitute proof that Sponsor received the entry in the Sweepstakes.
Limit: one (1) entry per person/household/email address per calendar day. Multiple entries received in violation of the entry limitation, false or deceptive acts or entries, or entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void, will render a participant ineligible, and also may result in participant no longer being allowed to enter Sponsor’s sweepstakes, contests or other promotions in the future, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries that contain a wireless domain email address will be void.
The Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents and Prize Provider (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet service provider, telephone, telephone lines or other connections, preemptions, blackouts or any other non-controllable acts concerning a television broadcast, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes which corrupt or undermine the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify entrants and/or modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to award the prizes from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the time of such action.
3. HOW TO WIN; ODDS OF WINNING. On or around April 19, 2016, one (1) potential grand prize winner and one hundred (100) potential second place winners (collectively, when verified by Sponsor as set forth below, the “Winners,” each individually a “Winner”) will be randomly selected by Sponsor, from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Each Winner will be notified by Sponsor via email and must meet all eligibility requirements including timely replying to Sponsor’s notification and executing and returning all necessary releases and documents (if any) required by Sponsor. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Each Winner should receive his/ her prize(s) within two (2) to four (4) weeks from the date of Sponsor’s verification of him/her as the Winner.
At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification may result from any of the following: If the potential Winner (i) fails to respond to the notification or contact Sponsor within a reasonable period of time or no longer than five (5) days from the date Sponsor sends such notice, (ii) fails to sign and return all necessary documents within the time period designated by Sponsor, (iii) declines the prize, (iv) fails to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency, or (v) fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be chosen.
Sponsor has the right to conduct a background check of any and all records of the grand prize winner, his/her parent or legal guardian, and his/her guests participating in winner’s acceptance of the prize, including without limitation, civil and criminal court and police records. Sponsor may take all steps necessary to corroborate any information provided to Sponsor by the winner, winner’s parent/legal guardian and any applicable guests and each will be obligated to provide necessary information to assist Sponsor and Administrator with the background check. If winner, his/her parent/legal guardian and/or any applicable guests have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, charged with or accused of engaging in any activities involving moral turpitude, harm to children, or any other activity that conflicts with Sponsor’s image, Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to disqualify the individual from participating in all or a portion of the prize.
The decisions of Sponsor and Administrator in all matters regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
4. PRIZE. One (1) grand prize Winner will receive Two Thousand U.S. Dollars (US $2,000.00) and a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for four (4) to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the trip is Seven Thousand and Five Hundred U.S. Dollars (US $7,500.00). The total ARV of the grand prize is Nine Thousand Five Hundred U.S. Dollars (US $9,500.00). The grand prize trip includes: (i) up to four (4) round-trip, non-refundable coach class airline tickets for Winner and his/her designated travel guests (“Travel Companions”) for air travel between the U.S. gateway city airport nearest the Winner’s residence to a commercial airport in the Bahamas, (ii) one (1) standard (quadruple) occupancy hotel room in the Atlantis Resort for Winner and Travel Companions, (iii) an Atlantis dining plan for four (4) guests, and (iv) ground transportation between the hotel and airport.
All details of 4(i) – (iv) shall be at the discretion of the Sponsor and Administrator.
One hundred second prize Winners will each receive one (1) Nerf Super Soaker Tornado Scream. The ARV of each second place prizes is Nineteen U.S. Dollars and Ninety-Nine Cents (US $19.99). Total ARV for all second place prizes is One Thousand Nine Hundred and Ninety-Nine U.S. Dollars (US $1,999).
The ARV of all prizes (101 prizes) is Eleven Thousand Four Hundred and Ninety-Nine U.S. Dollars (US $11,499).
Winner and Travel Companions are responsible for all other expenses not expressly provided for above, including without limitation, those incurred for ground transportation, checked baggage costs, snacks, beverages, food in addition to or not included or allowed under the hotel accommodations, parking, incidentals, tips, telephone calls, room service, souvenirs, taxi fares, insurance, taxes, gratuities or other personal expenses and hotel charges incurred during the trip.
If Winner is a minor (as defined in the jurisdiction in which they are domiciled), Winner must be accompanied on the trip by his/her parent or legal guardian traveling as one of the Travel Companions. All Travel Companions must be over the age of majority in his/her state of residence or must be accompanied on the trip by his/her parent/ legal guardian, including traveling together on the same itinerary to and from the Bahamas. Travel Companions will be required to complete, sign, have notarized (as applicable) and return, without limitation, travel, indemnification and liability releases and, except where prohibited by law, publicity and use of name and likeness releases.
All travel arrangements must be coordinated by Administrator. Sponsor reserves the right to approve any travel dates/times. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2016, must be booked at least sixty (60) days in advance and is subject to change, availability and Sponsor’s approval. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Once travel is booked, no changes or cancellations will be accepted and no extensions or exceptions apply. Winner and Travel Companions will be required to travel together on the same itinerary.
Winner and Travel Companions are solely responsible for obtaining any and all required travel documentation and for all fees associated therewith (if any) prior to taking the trip. Winner and Travel Companions must present valid identification and any other required documentation (e.g., current U.S. passports, visas, etc.) prior to ticketing. Winner and Travel Companions are subject to the restrictions and regulations set by US and foreign governments, airline carriers, hotels, transportation companies and attraction facilities. Sponsor is not responsible for any decrease in the value of the prize or the unavailability to the Winner and his/her Travel Companions of all or any part of the Prize resulting from the application of any such restrictions and regulations. No credits, refunds or substitutions will be made if improper documentation or failure to meet any requirement of a travel provider/supplier results in denied boarding or entry, and the trip will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation or liability to the Winner or his/her Travel Companions.
No more than the specified Prize will be awarded. All details of the Prize not specified herein are at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Winner or his/her parent/legal guardian will be responsible for payment of any applicable taxes. Winner or his/her parent/legal guardian will receive an IRS 1099 Form and will be required to sign documents acknowledging acceptance of the Prize.
No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemption is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value in the event the advertised prize (or portion thereof) is not available for any reason, at its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes (if any) and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified in these Official Rules and/or in the applicable entry instructions as being provided. All details of the prizes not specified herein at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Limit: One (1) prize per person/ household/ email address.
5. GENERAL. By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants grant the Sweepstakes Entities the right, unless prohibited by law, to use the participant’s name, voice, picture and likeness, and biographical information, without compensation, further notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, throughout the world in perpetuity.
THE RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY AND PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND AGENTS, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS AND/OR LIABILITIES FOR INJURY/DEATH, DAMAGE OR LOSS TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY RELATING TO OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES (REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF SUCH INJURY OR LOSS), THE DELIVERY AND/OR SUBSEQUENT USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED AND/OR PRINTING, DISTRIBUTION OR PRODUCTION ERRORS OR FOR LOST, LATE, MISDIRECTED, INCOMPLETE, CORRUPTED OR ILLEGAL/UNAUTHORIZED SUBMISSIONS. WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND IS NOT IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN LAW OR IN FACT, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. ARBITRATION/CLASS ACTION WAIVER: PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT OR CLASS ACTION IN COURT.
The Sponsor and you (“Parties”) agree that these Official Rules affect interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these arbitration provisions.
Any dispute/claim relating to this contract or its breach, the Official Rules or any prize awarded (“Claim”), that is not informally resolved within fifteen (15) days of notice, shall be finally resolved by arbitration in your state of residence. The arbitration will be administered by the AAA under its AAA Rules, will be conducted in English and by a single arbitrator, and any court with jurisdiction may enter judgment regarding the arbitrator’s award.
The Sponsor will bear the cost of any arbitration filing fees and arbitration fees for claims of up to Seventy-Five Thousand US Dollars ($75,000 USD), unless the arbitrator determines that the arbitration is frivolous. You are responsible for any other costs that you may incur in the arbitration, including, attorney fees and expert witness costs, unless the Sponsor is otherwise required to pay such costs under applicable law. You may pursue your claim in small claims court where jurisdiction and venue over the Sponsor is proper if your claim otherwise qualifies for such court and you do not seek any equitable relief.
The Parties agree that the Sponsor and you will resolve any Claim on an individual basis, and that any Claim will be brought in an individual capacity, and not on behalf of, or as part of, any purported class, consolidated, or representative proceeding (“Class Proceeding”). The Parties further agree that neither will participate in any current or future Class Proceeding brought by any third party relating to the contract, Official Rules, Promotion or any prize.
If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver is void or unenforceable or that arbitration may proceed on a class basis, then the relevant claim will not be subject to arbitration and must be litigated in federal court located in New York, New York.
The agreement to arbitrate and class action waiver also apply to any Claims you assert against the Sweepstakes Entities’ or their advertisers or their respective present or future parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies.
8. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNER’S LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Winners’ Names (which should be available on or about June 20, 2016), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT need not include return postage) to the following address (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners”): Cartoon Network Atlantis Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 9409, St. Louis, MO 63117-9409. All requests must be received by September 19, 2016.
The Official Rules can also be found at http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/win.
9. SPONSOR: The Cartoon Network, Inc., 1050 Techwood Drive NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30318
© 2016 Cartoon Network. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.