CARTOON NETWORK APPLE ARCADE PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
This Privacy Notice is about how Cartoon Network will collect and use any information you give us when you use our games offered within Apple Arcade.
If you need help understanding this document, you should ask the person who looks after you to read it and talk with you about it.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Information about your computer, console or smartphone
We use Apple-provided solutions such as Gamekit/Game Center within our games within Apple Arcade in order to enhance game functionality so that you can participate in leader boards, multi-player games and track achievements. When you visit or play one of our games, information about your device, Game Center or Apple ID and how you use our game or mobile apps therefore may be sent to Game Center for achievements and iCloud for saved games in order to support this game functionality.
When you contact us
If you contact us by email or using an online form, we will ask you for some information. For example, this will include your name and email address. We will also ask you to tell us why you are contacting us. Once we have helped you, we will delete your information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for different reasons.
Where we have a legitimate interest
When using your information is very important to us but still fair to you, we have something called a "legitimate interest". When we have a legitimate interest and we use your information, we need to be sure that it is not going to upset you.
We have a legitimate interest, for example, so we can:
- answer your questions and comments when you contact us and
- improve our games based on your feedback.
If the law says we must use your information
If the law says we must use your information, then we will do so. For example:
- if the government or the police need to investigate something
- if the law says we need to use your information
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
Our helpers (service providers)
Sometimes we have helpers who make sure our games and mobile apps are great. We make sure that our helpers keep your information safe.
If the law says we must share your information
Cartoon Network, our friends and our helpers will sometimes need to share your information with other people when the law says so. For example, this can happen if the police ask us to. We need to share your information if it will help us stop people from doing bad things or committing crimes. We also need to share your information if it will help us protect you or other people.
If we sell our business
If we sell our business, we will share your information with the buyer.
If you or the person who looks after you gives us permission
If you or the person who looks after you gives us permission to share your information for something, then we will share your information in the way we describe at the time.
SENDING YOUR INFORMATION AROUND THE WORLD
We have offices around the world. Sometimes, we will need to send your information to a different country. Usually, this is to the United States where Cartoon Network and our helpers will use your information in the way we have already described in this Privacy Notice. It is important to remember that some countries do not have laws that protect your information in the same way. If you or the person who looks after you want more information about how we send your information around the world, you can contact us by using the information at the end of this Privacy Notice.
WE WANT TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
We protect your information to stop other people getting to it. We also make sure to not keep your information for too long. If we need your information for our own purposes, we will keep your information for three years after you last contact our customer support team or interact with our websites and apps. Sometimes the law says we have to keep your information for longer than this. We may have to keep your information for longer to protect you and us.
We may have to keep your information for longer to protect you and us.
CONTROLLERS & HOW TO CONTACT US
If you or the person who looks after you have any questions about this Privacy Notice you can contact us. You can also ask to access your information, fix any mistakes, ask us to delete it or stop us from using it sometimes. You can even ask us to send it to someone else. Where we have asked the person who looks after you to agree to let us use your information, they can stop us from using it.
To contact us, you can email us at WMPrivacy@warnermediagroup.com or write to us at the following address:
Warner Media. Privacy Office
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 160
Burbank, CA 91522
Toll Free: 833-WB-PRVCY (833-927-7829) or TTY: 833-PRVCY-TT (833-778-2988)
CALIFORNIA AND CCPA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND DISCLOSURES
If you need help understanding the California and CCPA Privacy Rights and Disclosures section, you should ask the person who looks after you to read it and talk with you about it.
This California and CCPA Privacy Rights and Disclosure section was last updated July 1, 2020 and addresses legal obligations and rights laid out in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other laws that apply only to California residents. These obligations and rights apply to businesses doing business in California and to California residents and information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with California consumers or households (“California Information”). It does not apply to information that has been de-identified or aggregated as provided by CCPA.
CALIFORNIA INFORMATION WE COLLECTED AND SHARED
This section provides the information California residents need to exercise their rights over their California Information. Here is information about the California Information we have collected from and shared about consumers in the year before this section was last updated.
California Information We Collected
In the year before this section was last updated, we may have collected the following categories of California Information:
- Unique and other online identifiers – such as device IDs, Game Center ID, Apple ID, or other similar identifiers that relate to your device and its operating system
- In-Game or online activities – such videos, game play , and pages viewed
We may have collected these categories of California Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Performing services on behalf of the business – such as customer service, processing or fulfilling orders, providing content recommendations, and processing payments
- Auditing customer transactions
- Fraud and crime prevention
- Debugging errors in systems
- Marketing and advertising on the Site based on what you are watching or browsing
- Internal research, analytics and development – e.g., user-preference analytics
- Developing, maintaining, provisioning or upgrading networks, products, services, or devices
We may have obtained California Information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you – such as technical and usage information when you use our Sites
Disclosures of California Information:
In the year before this section was last updated, we may have disclosed the following categories of California Information to third parties:
- Address and other identifiers – such as name, phone number, postal address, zip code, email address, account name or number, date of birth, or other similar identifiers
- Unique and other online identifiers – such as IP address, device IDs, or other similar identifiers that relate to your device and its operating system
- Commercial information – such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet or other electronic network activity information – such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our Sites, and content such as videos, ads, websites, and devices such as smart TVs, streaming media, browsers and apps
- Professional information or educational Information – such as your current occupation
- Audio, visual, or similar information – such as photos, videos, video footage (CCTV) or recordings you or a parent or guardian may choose to post to our Sites or provide by granting us access to your camera while using Sites or services
- Location information – such as your device’s general location in connection with certain Sites
- Inferences or audience segmentation – such as individual profiles, preferences, characteristics, and behaviors
- In-Game or online viewing activities – such videos, content, and pages viewed
We may have disclosed each of these categories of California Information to the following categories of third parties:
- Affiliates – These entities are associated with us through common ownership.
- Service Providers – These entities process information on our behalf for business purposes, helping us provide products or services to you
- Government Entities – These entities include law enforcement authorities, regulatory agencies, and courts
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS TO REQUEST DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND SHARE ABOUT YOU
If you are a California resident, the CCPA grants you the right to request certain information about our practices with respect to California Information. In particular, you can request the following:
- The categories and specific pieces of your California Information that we’ve collected
- The categories of sources from which we collected California Information
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected California Information
- The categories of third parties with which we shared California Information
You can submit a request to us for the following additional information:
- The categories of third parties to whom we’ve disclosed California Information, and the category or categories of California Information disclosed to each
YOUR RIGHT TO REQUEST THE DELETION OF CALIFORNIA INFORMATION
Upon your request, we will delete the California Information we have collected about you, except for situations when that information is necessary for us to: provide you with a product or service that you requested; perform a contract we entered into with you; maintain the functionality or security of our systems; comply with or exercise rights provided by the law; or use the information internally in ways that are compatible with the context in which you provided the information to us, or that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR CALIFORNIA INFORMATION
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
You may exercise your rights to request access to or deletion of your California Information by contacting us at visiting our Privacy Center. You can also contact us toll free at 833-WB-PRVCY (833-927-7829) or TTY: 833-PRVCY-TT (833-778-2988) and an agent will assist you with submitting a request. These requests are generally free. When you submit a request, we will usually ask you to provide an email address which we will contact to confirm the request was not fraudulently submitted.
In addition, for access and deletion requests, we will use a third-party verification service to confirm that you are who you say you are. Our verification service does this by matching information you provide against information held about you in its records, or, if necessary, by allowing you to submit documents proving your identity.
If you are the parent of a child under 13 years of age, you may also submit a request on behalf of your child. In that event, we will ask you to provide your child’s email address, to verify your identity, and to submit a signed form authorizing us to proceed with the request regarding your child’s California Information.
You may also designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf. To do so, we will require either (1) a valid power of attorney, or (2) signed written permission from you. In the event your authorized agent is relying on signed written permission, we may also need to verify your identity and/or contact you directly to confirm permission to proceed with the request.
Your authorized agent can make a request by contacting us toll free at 833-WB-PRVCY (833-927-7829) or TTY: 833-PRVCY-TT (833-778-2988).
OUR SUPPORT FOR THE EXERCISE YOUR DATA RIGHTS
CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS UNDER 16 YEARS OLD
If you would like further information on how we handle California Information from consumers under the age of 16 years of age, or if you have questions about these information practices, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at WarnerMedia Privacy Office, 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 160, Burbank, CA 91522.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS UNDER 18 YEARS OLD
California consumers who are registered users of the Sites and under 18 years of age may request removal of content or information they posted on the Sites. We will remove such content or information when we are required to do so by law. To request removal of content or information you posted on the Sites, you may contact us at email@example.com, or at WarnerMedia Privacy Office, 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 160, Burbank, CA 91522.
However, even if we remove the content or information that you posted, we cannot completely prevent further use or disclosure of that content or information by others once you have shared it in a publicly available forum.
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice. We will let you know about any big changes to how we use your information by putting a sign on our website or by sending the person who looks after you an email message. We think it is a good idea for you to come back to this page once in a while to learn about how we protect your information.